Thursday, July 1, 2010

Nashville to Asheville --Lantz style...

So, me and the Mr. are leaving town here in a few weeks. We are stopping in Nashville, TN to hang out with my sis in law! I am excited I haven't vbeen down there very much but when I have gone down there I loved it! My sis in law is really really fun too! We are then proceeding south(ish) east to go to Asheville, NC.
The Mr. is "working" a trade show and rumor has it this is a fun one to take the Mrs. to! I won't complain, i will gladly tag along and "work" well, by that i mean sit by the pool and take a nap when i feel like it and read a book or 4! Oh and I think I also heard a rumor about my attendance is needed at a few dinners...that is totally not a problem. However, all that relaxing means we are leaving the cutest little boy at home with family.
I know that it is "so good for parents to get away" and it will "make me a better mom" and that "he will be fine" but you know what, I don't know if I will be fine. I mean I am leaving cole for 7 nights. Let me say that again 7 NIGHTs and 8 DAYS. That is longer than all the nights that I have been apart from him in almost 3 years put together! So, all that to say I am anxious to get to enjoy just being a wife that week but am gonna miss mothering the best blessing God has given us. I am a little concerned with how the reunion with cole will be because, I left him SUnday night and Monday while the Sisters and my mom and I went to Chicago and Cody is also gone this week. So the past 2 nights he has woken up at night crying (which is really rare) and when i go up to get him and ask him what is wrong he says "my need you". So, i am enjoying the extra snuggles and the warm little body that is currently snuggled up in my bed sleeping next to me. I just hope he doesn't get to crazy on me since he is used to his daddy being away, not his mommy.
So, if you see me headed southbound with tears in my eyes, you will understand.

2 comments:

walkingcloser said...

aww...i know you'll miss him so much, but i'm sure you'll feel so refreshed when you come back! i have to admit...i am a little jealous! i would LOVE to get away with AJ for a week! ahh...that will probably never happen, though! :) have fun!

Erin said...

Sounds like fun! Can I go with? J/k! I know you'll miss Cole , but this will be a great getaway for u two. I was going to honk at u last night but didn't want to freak u out or anything. So, *honk* *honk*! :) have fun with your hubby!!!