Sunday, July 18, 2010

Getaway-

We left our little man and i did not cry! He asked me to go bye bye and the he acted like he was going to get upset. I asked him what was wrong and he said that," Grandma, told me i can't have my present til after dinner" So, I am VERY glad we got him a gift for each day! It sure makes it hard to cry when your cutie seems so excited for his first "No parents allowed week".


We headed to Indy for the night to stay with some friends. We had a great time catching up!

Next stop, NASHVILLE, TN. My dearest sis in law lives there and kindly hosted us for 3 days.

Next stop Asheville, NC. A vacation, oh I mean business trip, for Pellet Fuel industries was underway. Cody playes golf a few times at the resort http://www.groveparkinn.com. I hiked with some spouses and visited the mall and drove downtown. I have realized I really really enjoy going off by myself and just driving to see what is around. The pool here is also beautiful and it is a hike if you don't take the shuttle. 7/10th of a mile to be exact. This place is huge! The main inn is almost 100 years old. Don't mind the scaffolding in the picture, they are replacing the roof.
Tomorrow, I am hoping to read some more by the pool, or maybe I will go shopping. Cody is so wonderful and encourages me to go do whatever i feel like. If only I could get him to approve of a $225 dollar massage in the underground spa or even an $80 manicure...Haha, I'm not gonna push my luck!



4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow. Your vacation looks wonderful! I'm so glad that you had a good time! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Then There Were ....FIVE said...

So glad you are having fun!! Cole seems to be doing so well! We were there for some of his swim lessons today and he was loving it. can't wait to see you! I MISS YOU! Soak up the rays and all the quietness you can get ;)

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful and rested! So glad to hear you're having fun and that you're little man is doing well. Tell Cody that you NEED that massage! HA! :)

Jessica Bender said...

oops-that was me above-I don't know why it didn't put my name - sorry :) Jess Bender