Monday, August 18, 2008

Scary Chicago story.......

So, my whole family minus Cody were shopping in Chicago. The guys were across the street in Eddie Bauer and the girls were in Forever 21. Tiff was outside because she has a headache, and I bought a purse because mine broke so I went out side to switch the stuff from my old purse to my new purse. Tiff was telling me about her headache and then she just said, I don't feel good." and so I stepped in front of her and she laid her head down on my chest, or so I thought. I was rubbing her back until I noticed she was sliding down my chest and taking these weird wheezy breathes, so I called out her name a few times but no response, I picked up her head and she was staring off into space and her face and lips were white. I was freaking out and slapping her face and shaking her. I picked her up and started screaming for help. People ran over and we laid her down on the sidewalk and someone called an ambulance and at some point my mom ran out of the store after realizing that she recongnized the pants of the person on the ground. After someone said she had a pulse and was breathing and said that an ambulance was coming she started to come to but it was weird, her face was all red and splotchy and it almost looked like she was going to get hives. It took her awhile to get what was going on her eyes were rolling back and forth. A nurse and Doctor came by and said she was doing okay. Tiffs sweet husband of like 3 weeks came running across the street and almost got hit by a car and was kneeled on the ground next to her kissing her and hugging her until they got her into the little chair from the firetruck. Well, after checking her vitals they said that she could be released as long as she ate and drank something.
I was a hysterical mess for about the next hour and a half would start sobbing and shaking randomly. That was the scariest thing I have ever seen besides seeing my baby come out grayish blue and making weird wheezing noises when he was born. I hate feeling so helpless.

She is doing fine but she still has a headache so she may go to see a doctor to run some tests. She has past out quite a few times before and all they could figure out after tests is that her heart and her brain are delayed in their communication. When her hearts needs to beat faster it takes a bit for her brain to tell her heart. Lets pray that they get it figured out and she stops passing out.

Other than that freak out we had a great time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. that is so scary. i will be praying for her. i bet her husband was so scared. i hope the doctors figure out what is wrong! it's a good thing you were there with her.

Unknown said...

oh Ashley, how scary.
I am praying for results.

We should get together. I have a time I would like to go the outlets. I will call you this week.