Friday, April 30, 2010

New House= Need for more furniture

My friend let me buy this Baker's Rack from her. It was originally cream colored. After way too many cans of the expensive spray paint, it is now Hammered Black. I found this buffet on Craigslist and it was posted at 5:03 P.M. and I quickly e-mailed her at 6:30 P.m. I was really wanting to get this and I DID! It was $50, not too bad.
After 2 coats of paint (Black Magic) and some new hardware, we now have this! The light wood is not a top of any sorts, it is the trim from the window from behind there. This was my first attempt at redoing a bigger piece and it was pretty easy!





4 comments:

Then There Were ....FIVE said...

Look at you DIY Queen... I love it! Can't wait to see it in person! I am impressed at how quickly you finished them. Awesome!

Jewel said...

Wow, those are 2 great looking pieces of furniture!

Unknown said...

looking good chica...can't wait to see more..

Anonymous said...

Wow-I felt like I was reading one of those blogs about doing it yourself! Good for you!!! Are you out in the country now? More space? Can't wait to see more pictures of what you're doing!! :)

Jess B