Sunday, February 7, 2010

I suck!

This morning Cole and I were making breakfast. Monkey Bread to be exact. I thought that I would have Cole help, he loves that! So, i did. He shook up the bag of biscuits and put them into the bundt pan for me while I boiled the rest of the goodness on the stove. When he was done he pulled up his chair and was standing by me, playing with the train magnets on the fridge. Totally not caring to try to "help" me which is fine cause I usually don't let him when I am at the stove, for obvious reasons. Well, he was still playing with his magnets so I turned to pour the goodness over the biscuits and not 30 seconds later he starts crying really loud and I he is holding his hand. The poor baby decided to tough the only hot burner on the stove and burnt his little hand! I mean I felt horrible but jumped into the mommy will fix it mode. So, we got his boo boo bunny (ice pack thing) and sat on the couch and he cried and his teeth were chattering and he cried and cried. So, Cody got some cold water so he could keep his hand in it. So that helped for a few minutes. Cole kept saying he needed a car band aid so I thought if that will make you feel better than you can have one. So we put some cream on the band aid and stuck that on his palm. LET ME TELL YOU that did not help. SO fast forward and hour later the tears have finally stopped and he looks at his hand and starts trying to peel off his band aid saying "my hand all better" I think that was the tylenol talking cause this is what I see......

** Notice the blisters on all his fingers except for the pinky and ring and the blisters on his palms***
I win the worst mother award hands down.....well, as long as they aren't down on the stove burner...

6 comments:

Tory said...

You are NOT a bad mom! Things like this happen! Hope his little hand heals quickly!!

Jewel said...

Oh my goodness, you are not a bad mom! You gotta stop beating yourself up over that! It was an honest mistake...accident! Yes, you feel bad about it but that doesn't make you a bad mom! You are wonderful!

Erin said...

You do not suck! Stuff like this happens, and for goodness sake, you were making monkey bread for your family on a Sunday morning! My family has never gotten such service. You're a great wife and mom.

Anonymous said...

Awww. . . what a sad little story. But you are definitely NOT a bad mom - you were cooking with your baby and letting him help, and well maybe he'll never touch the burner again. But that doesn't make you a bad mom at all. Your title made me laugh though-you don't suck -your lucky family got breakfast on Sunday morning-we usually have cereal :) Hope you're having a better day today!!

Jessica

darcy said...

Awe.. we all do this! Last time we were in Hobby Lobby I put Adie in the cart and the next time I stopped she went tumbling out and fell on her head. =/ We all make mistakes and now he'll know not to touch the stove!

Unknown said...

Ashley, you do not suck! You are such a sweet and wonderful mommy! He learned his lesson, it was an accident. Hugs!