Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A really good day...

Ever since Cody went back to work after Christmas, I have been climbing back in bed after getting up with Cody to snuggle up with Cole. Cole has ended up in our bed most nights at some hour of the A.M. for one reason or another. I always have this inner battle with myself - should i crawl back in bed and maybe sleep another hour or two because Cole won't be wanting to snuggle forever or should I stay up and read the bible and take a shower and feel "prepared" for the day. I seriously go thru this everyday during the work week. So, after feeling like I can't catch up I decided today to stay awake and do the things mentioned above. It felt nice, although I knew my baby boy was snug in our bed, he didn't seem to miss me and decided to wake up at 5 till nine.

We played choo choos and play-do and colored and Cole worked on using the potty. He realized that peeing in the potty is super cool if you can try to pee on the cheerio. This picture cracks me up this was from yesterday and he was dropping one and decided to use his frog potty (which he never uses) We made "muffin" crayons out of broken crayons. We went to CVS to fetch some oreo cookies that he saw that he was eating in one of his photo album books that we looked thru today.
Cole helped me "measure" spices for dinner.

Cody and Cole played outside until they could hardly see anymore! The new pic at the top of the page is also from tonight. They had so much fun he was trying to "blow the snow" like daddy was using his plastic golf bag:)



This last picture cracks me up... he is getting ready to throw a snowball at Cole but look at his face, he looks like he is trying to get some major speed behind it!
We are blessed!

6 comments:

Jewel said...

Yeah, what a better post! :) I've been dealing w/deciding to sleep w/Braylon or not also. We've made those crayons before using broken crayons! And...Braylon & his daddy played in the snow tonight also!

Tory said...

Your family is way too cute! :)

ThisIsMyLife said...

love the crayons!...did you just put all the broken ones straight into your pan? what a great idea!

Unknown said...

Tell me more about these muffin crayons!! I have tons of broken ones! You are such a creative mommy :)

Erin said...

Good luck with getting up in the am. I did that during the summer, and really enjoyed it, but when winter hits, I really have trouble getting my eyes to open before they have to. Maybe you have just motivated me to try tomorrow. The potty picture cracks me up, and what a good mommy you are making crayons with your boy.

Then There Were ....FIVE said...

Aww- I love all the pictures! So cute. I like the crayon activity-that's a great way to use all the broken, scruffy-looking, leftover crayons. Cole is so blessed to have you! Love you!