Friday, January 15, 2010

Time sure flies...

Over the past few days, I have been working on a "scrapbook" online for cole's second year, considering I am surrently behind schedule:) Cody is very sad/happy that Cole is growing up, he is always telling me that he is going to miss this age and that he wants a ton of kisses and snuggles in bed with Cole because the days are numbered.


While working on this I found a bunch of pictures that I forgot about and just kept making these "sigh" noises. I didn't know Cody was really paying attention to what I was doing and finally he said, "I know it hurts me just as much as it hurts you." I thought it was pretty sweet to hear that because even though Cody tells me he wants him to stay 2 forever and tht he wants to wake Cole up in the middle of the night to bring him into our room, I realized that dads just don't only dream of the day when their son makes their first tackle or catches their first ball but they also dream of the sweet kisses they are gonna get when they walk in the door and of the little hand they get to hold while at the grocery store. I always thought that I would miss the toddler Cole more than Cody but, now I am not so sure... I think its a toss up.


Cody is such an amazing dad, even better than I ever imagined. I am so blessed and most importantly, so is Cole.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

isn't it great that we have such great hubbies. You are getting a tad bit sentimental for me in these posts. STOP IT!!

ThisIsMyLife said...

Hey Ashley! I found your blog through Natalie's. It's been great seeing you at MOTT's.