Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One Coley bean and and $20 worth of dried beans= one very messy kitchen and a very happy kid:)

So, Coles buddy, Jackson, has a bean and rice box and whenever we go there he plays with it and has so much fun. He plays for a very longtime and after they are done,Nichole's covetted Dyson is brought out to clean up the mess! Sounds like fun right?.....




After racking my brain for something fun to do I decided to go buy the stuff to make one. I needed some container to put the beans in and something that Cole could potentially sit in and lots and lots of dried beans. So off we went....
He started getting a little crazier and at one point he was squatting on the side edge of the container jumping into the beans like it was a swimming pool or something.....



By the end of this all he had every part to one of his Thomas Train Tracks in the container (note the scattered pieces)







It as worth every bean I had to pick up and sweep of the floor.
Its all fun and games until you find this under the lid....


Well, for also for those who didn't know.... we were kind of concerned abot Cole and his lack of speech last year about at this time. We had him in first steps for about 2 months and we took him out because he would not answer the therapists questions and only would answer them if I asked. (The therapist was great with him too) So fast forward about 4-5 months after therapy was done. This kid talks like nothing else. Cody and I are still not used to it and laugh at what things he comes up with.

**I think he is starting to pick up on my dislike of our dog, Moose. Cole gets mad if I put Moose in his kennel when I get annoyed with Moose. He is always telling me Moose is his moose dog. Well, one day after getting frustrated with Moose and having Cole get frustrated with me for being frustrated at Moose, I said "Cole, your Moose dog is driving me nuts".....

Fast Forward 24 hours.....Cody and i were in his room getting him changed out of his jammies and after Cody and I were telling Moose to "get", Cole says, "Moose Dog drive momma nuts!" Ahh... what a smart little boy.


**Today in the car he sneezed and I heard him say, " 'cuse me"


A new quickly rambled string of words Cole now says when I say, "I love you, Cole" he quickly sounds back... "No, my dada lub me, mimi matt lub me, moose dog lub me"


I, pretty much at this point in his life, don't hold a candle to his dada. Cole will remind me that "Dada is his Buddy" an that Dada is his Best Friend"

Im a little jealous but I am so glad he has that with Cody, I guess I can be second place, who knows I may even fall below Moose dog:)

This has been long enough, I apologize but he is my Love and I can't help but go on and on.

2 comments:

Jewel said...

What a fun activity! That's great that you can go on & on about your child & how proud you are of him. I too can go on & on about Braylon. Children are so cute & adorable! Braylon right now is into his Momma but I can look back & remember he preferred Ben & at that time it did make a little jealous. And now I wish he wasn't sooo into me! :) Well just a little bit. It would be nice that he calls out for Dad every now & then & not Mom all the time! What can we do! Just remember every child goes thru phases!!!

Darinifer said...

You're a brave mom for such a large potential for a big mess! I'm sure my kids would love to play with all those beans! I don't see you all much lately so it's nice to read updates on Cole, it's hard to imagine him being so big! I love the Moose dog story!