Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Proud Mama--

No, he has not even played in a game yet but seeing him all dressed up makes me smile. I know his daddy was pretty excited to go and buy his first pair of cleats. We got into the car and Cody said, "I have been waiting for this day my whole life." He didn't think his first pair of cleats would be soccer cleats but there is no way this momma would let someone tackle her baby in a football league at the age of 3, even if they had football available.

Cody was into making sure that his socks and cleats and shin guards were all matching. He didn't end up with Nike like he has on in the picture but with adidas instead. However, finding a XXS in youth soccer shorts proved to be quite the task and so he ended up with Umbro shorts. Let's just say his daddy favors Adidas....
Well, he looks adorable lets hope he at least enjoys soccer enough to play at more than one game.

3 comments:

Then There Were ....FIVE said...

He is TOO cute! Love it! Seriously, does UMBRO bring back any memories for you? I think that's all I wore until I was a 7th grader and it finally clicked I needed to dress in something other than swishy pants and tees :)

ps. I hope he loves soccer! Soccer boys are cute! Uncle J can work with him :)

Jewel said...

Yes, I remember wearing Umbros! He is adorable.

darcy said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie. =)