Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cole and his thoughts

Cole had a few things that he has said today that I had to write down:

This morning he jumped into bed with me and we were talking about preschool. I asked him if he was excited and he said, "Yes". I then asked if he was ready to get some time away from mommy. He leaped across the bed and started hugging me and said, "No, mommy? can you cancel preschool, I don't want to be away from you." And even when I put him to bed he kept asking if I could "unsign him up from preschool" So, apparently, I did not do a good job in preparing him that I would drop him off and not stay with him. Here's to hoping he does fine Monday. We have his open house tomorrow night so I think that will help.

While Cole was eating breakfast he asked me, "How can Jesus still be in my heart? I have a lot of food in my belly." It made me smile.

Then at dinner out of the blue Cole says, "Mommy, I don't want daddy to marry you." I asked him why not, and he said " Cause I want to marry you when im 14" Well, my heart was melting and I tried explaining that mommy and daddy are already married and that if we weren't he wouldn't be here, but who knows what he thought of that.

Cole also told me the other day, "Mommy, (baby's name) is gonna have bad dreams, he is gonna wake up crying, i'm gonna get you to pick him up, and then I'm gonna hold him." He is so excited almost 99% of the time. Only every once in awhile I get asked, "why did you want another baby in your belly?" I try to explain that he is pretty amazing and we thought it would be fun to have another baby. He informed me, "well you're not gonna love him very much" I asked why and he said, "cause you love me the best"

He keeps asking "when is the baby gonna pop out?" I think he is hoping he (baby) comes out wanting to play super heroes with him....

3 comments:

Natalie said...

How cute is he! I forget, did he have his first day of preschool yet? Praying the "college kid" can get up before class starts:)

Then There Were ....FIVE said...

Aww I just read this. He's so cute and SUCH a momma's boy :) So glad you are writing these things down! He will be a great, protective, big brother this this little guy!

Jill said...

Love reading all the Cole-isms. :) What a cute kid!!